Meet your Visionaries
Chris Anderson and Lori Riedel are both Library Media Specialists at Liberty High School. As a team they pitched "From EPiC to Pryor - Bridging the Gap" and were selected as our Liberty Public Schools 2016-2017 Visionaries!
Through the Visionary process, a Dyslexia finalist team highly impressed our selection committee with their pitch and were asked to join an emerging District initiative. We also extended an opportunity to combine two personalization projects, but at this time were unable to finalize that connection.
We appreciate all who applied and pitched and are definitely looking forward to learning through Chris and Lori this year and growing our Visionary project in years to come!
When would we be able to start expending our budget for the Visionary program?
- The fiscal year for our network runs from July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017 and all expenditures would need to occur between these two dates.
Can the five days of PD include travel?
- Yes! Travel should be part of your estimated budget when you submit your plan. If you have additional questions on financial information, sub pay, etc. please contact me.
- You can locate the per diem for locations on the IRS site by zipcode. On this page, you will see a link for meals and incidental expenses.
Can I send out a survey to gather insights?
- Surveys are NOT a requirement or necessary to apply and/or be selected to be a Visionary.
- If you feel gathering information is critical to your pitch, we must gain approval from District Administration. Please contact Dr. Christopher Hand to discuss options if you are needing to gather district information for your proposal.
What should the Visionary plan and pitch contain?
- Pitches should be no longer than 15 minutes in length with an additional 10 minutes of Q&A at the end with the panel
- Overview of the proposal identifying a clear district need for investing in this proposal (first 5 minutes)
- Outline of activities you foresee for the upcoming school year that will be required to accomplish your Visionary goals
- Detailed proposed budget items for the upcoming school year
- Proposal for measuring your goal outcomes
- Pitch rooms have a projector and sound system for those who need equipment