What is it?
- Adjusting instruction, activities, and/or assessment to meet the needs of learners
- Changing the content, process, product, or learning environment to tailor instruction, activities, and/or assessments to ability level or understanding
Create needs-based instruction, activities, and/or assessments to scaffold or accelerate learning
Demonstrate understanding in a differentiated setting
How can I implement in the classroom?
- Use pre-assessment data to create differentiated and small group instruction based on individual student needs
- Capitalize on a student’s strengths and address gaps in knowledge
- Provide enrichment for students that "get it" prior to instruction
- Create individualized goals for students
- Scaffold instruction and support
- Incorporate interest-based approaches for students to demonstrate learning