What Is It?
- Engaging students in higher-order thinking including analyzing, synthesizing, and evaluating
- Grounding thinking in logical and reasoned judgments based in evidence
- Posing open-ended questions to students that often begin with How and Why
- Creating an inquiry-friendly environment that creates frequent opportunities for students to ask and explore open-ended questions
- Guiding students to think about their thinking
Create inquiry-driven classrooms with frequent opportunity to engage in higher-order questioning and thinking
Challenge ideas, identify bias, construct new thinking, analyze evidence and seek deep understanding
How Can I Implement In The Classroom?
Use deep-level questions that have complex, open-ended answers
Classrooms In Action
Critical Thinking Strategies For The Classroom